My first actual electronics project that features 4 bit decoding through Arduino programming and outputting through a 7 segment display.
A basic circuit and program that displays a 4 bit input onto a 7 segment display.
what i learned
- C++ using Arduino IDE.
- Digital input and output. (Logical ones and zeros)
- Resistors and it’s purpose.
- Ohm’s Law.
- How electricity flows through in a circuit.
- How 7 segment displays work.
- What a truth table is and how to make one.
- How to turn binary into a digit.
Using C++ and how Arduino programming was structured was already familiar with me because it’s similar to what is used in VEX Robotics (RobotC and PROS). In the future, I would like to be able to use 8 bits and incorporate multiple segments. The arduino doesn’t have enough pins to output to two different segment displays and take input from 8 dip switches.